20th Birthday

Aaaand the last blog before taking a self imposed sabbatical. My Birthday ! Yes MY 20th birthday. This was the year I realized that you are the central character in your life, and you live with yourself till you die. So the most important person you need to love is YOU. Pamper yourself, speak to yourself, analyze yourself and yes, gift yourself something on your birthday.

These were my thoughts at the end of the day. And for those who don't know, my birthday or rather the Amar day is on 23rd Oct . So do wish me :P
anyways here it goes

Well 'now that I'm into the final minutes of my 20th year , I would like to tell you how epic this day was....

Let's rewind
It all started about twelve hours back . First call was from Sagakka and while I was on that call, amma along with the entire battalion of relatives called me up on the landline. Believe it or not, it was a conference call :-)
This was followed by a few texts and calls from friends and I also called up someone who I shared my birthday with . Next I have a good night sleep and wake up....

The epicness starts from here. I went to jog after a really long time. But there wasn't much time left to leave for college. So I did something that I had never tried before. RUN.

Yes, for the first time ,I ran like a madman on the roads. This awesomeness gained me some followers as well !!

My loyal canine friends on the roads started to follow my path too in a pace much faster than mine :-P  Well after that , a quick set of warmups. Then after breakfast, I leave for my college . For all those who don't know, my college is more than 15 km away from here. I take my cycle, yep my brand new MTB and cycle it all the way to college. And if we take a small clipping from a few years back , the 12 year old Amar didn't like cycling! He barely used his cycle ... This went on till he gave away the cycle.

Now coming back to the present, one might wonder why I would buy a cycle when I'm 20 ? Dad actually asked me if I wanted a motorbike, but I rejected the offer and got a man powered bike :-P It was actually raining by the time I left ! Yet I went out cycling... It was really tiring in the beginning as I had lost touch ( not like I actually was in touch anytime :-P ) But ,I could ride it ... Without any problems that too! It was actually quite shocking to me that I could still remember cycling. And FYI , the first time I rode a cycle on a road with high traffic was when I rode it from the shop to home .

Yes , coming back to the story, I got a few calls that were a result of my number being put on the fest posters . But what a ride it was ! Cycling in rain is pure bliss :-) During this journey, both akka and bhava called up and wished me . Felt really good :-) And I somehow reached college in 1 hour 10 minutes . which is the same time I take by bus . Ignoring all the weird looks I got from many people, I tether my bike to the study basketball pole in the parking lot ! Felt blissful when soooooo many people started to wish me:-) Then went to the department and was busy with the fest preparations just as the previous two days. And this went on for a long time with me enjoying every moment of it. Finally when I was starting to feel hungry, I started becoming cranky... To add thuppa to the Benki , these fest related calls disturbing my birthday wishes calls ! Right when it was decided that me along with three other guys were supposed to go to RNS Motors, all my friends are called for a meeting . Since a meeting was a common thing from the past two days, I never suspected anything fishy! Right after I enter, a cake pops out and everyone starts to sing the happy birthday song! I was really overcome with joy! Such a sweet thing ! Tears of joy almost came out of my eyes ! Following this, I go to the canteen to have lunch where many more people wish me. Right after eating, we leaft for RNS Motors. It was a long ride , but thanks to the interesting conversation I had with my friend, I didn't realize the time pass by! We arrive at RNS Motors and deal with the work we were given! We were partially successful in . So we head back to the college in the rain ! Back in the college, I find that our sponsorship team was successful yet again ! Getting loads of sponsorship, more than what we had expected... This was really a joyous moment ! I was then on my way back home on my cycle ! Received some calls the people I least expected from and some from people I've not spoken to in years ! It was really touching. Right then I got another groundbreaking news from the sponsorship team. Pumped with adrenaline, I approached a company at 7:30 pm and was successful . Then got some innovative ideas and shared it with a friend ! He was apprehensive in the beginning but later he too was pumped with excitement ! I reach finally reach home after 16 km of cycling, yet I go cycling again !! I take bath, attend few more calls and now I am here writing about the day :-)

I really hope people have an awesome birthday like mine every year !

And the icing of the cake was during the weekend after my birthday ! My best friends from Deeksha had planned a fun day at a friend's place in electronic city. They told me to pick another friend and come up the elevated flyover and we would meet halfway through. Me, an ever unsuspecting guy did the exact same. But, I got the biggest surprise of them all ! They had brought along a delicious cake with them and celebrated my 20 years of existence right in the middle of the elevated flyover !!! Every guy's dream that is . Love you guys for this !

Comments