Screw It, Just do It

I recently read the story of Alma Mater or rather the story of Varun Agarwal. I personally liked the book. Nice read it was. With his writing style similar to mine :P It was like reading a blog or his personal dairy.
But ,what I liked more was his speech at the Ink Talks. The way he spoke was way better than what he spoke about. Clean, straight and simple. But more on that later. What I liked the most and what actually reached me was "Screw it, Just do it". 
There are multiple ways in which you can take this though! But for someone like me who unintentionally over thinks and over analyses sometimes, this is the dark side side of the moon. (My case is different though :P I switch from making deep analysis about something to being nonchalant with no lag whatsoever XD) 
You get an idea, then go ahead the very next instant and try your best to implement it ! Because the longer you wait, the more it seems to look like a liability to you. The more you question it and the more you start finding reasons to avoid it ! 
You are still young .So go ahead and do what you feel like . Be a noob now . Every pro was once a noob. You've gotta question stuff, go a little crazy and live an uninhibited life ! You feel like dancing in the rain, then go ahead and dance! You feel like speaking to a random person on the road, sure... go ahead! Feel like laughing loud, then LOL ! This might be a bit cliched , but true- 'You might regret the stuff that you did but you'll regret the stuff you didn't more'. What I've seen is that sometimes when you are younger, you are will do some stuff but not later.And this is not because of social pressure or anything else. Take my example. The other day when playing cricket on the road, i hit the ball into the 1st floor of some building, and if was a 16 year old me, i wouldn't have given a second thought and just climbed the building and got the ball, but the 20 year old me hesitated. And trust me, it wasn't because of social pressure of any sort. I guess as you grow older, you tend to become responsible naturally.I didn't mind going on the stage and making a fool of myself a year back. But now!! I'll think twice. Being a representative of something gives you an added responsibility. It's not just me, but the reputation of the organization that I represent that's on stake!Imagine so many constraints when I'm still a carefree student ! It makes me realize that the number of opportunities to just let go of yourself    But yes, your uninhibited life shouldn't be an inhibition on someone else's. Remember, there is always a scenario in which everyone is happy ! Be crazy but don't be a 'Moron'. 

And yes , drifting slightly away , don't decide on doing something , end up postponing it. Things pile up. And it's not a pretty scene. There will be pressure and there will be deadlines, so you'll ultimately end up completing your stuff by hook or crook. But it definitely won't be your best work. And in the middle of a pressure cooker situation, the analytical and creative part of your brain stop working. Your work will be done, but you yourself wont be satisfied  with it.
Me being the king of procrastination, have experienced this time and again. I have used this technique to overcome this. And it works. All you need to do is, write down your thoughts in a book. Write it down , no matter how stupid it might seem to be. The book in which I started writing stuff down is now popularly known as the "Ideas book". And it was this book that got me into the creative committee of my college cultural activity team. 

Well, hoping to write a bit more regularly now ! 
Screw it ! Just Do it

Comments