The Fallen or the Awaken?

I am definitely going to repent this. I have to write my last engineering exam tomorrow and I am sitting here penning a poem. But, to get out of this cantankerous mood (that word is stuck in my head the whole day :P), I had to do something outrageous.
Well, without further ado, I present to you my second poem. I call it  "The Fallen or the Awaken?"


A smiling bright young lad
Cherubic, funny and far from bad
Looks at the journey he has to take
Gleaming at the thoughts of successes he'll rake

All seemed good, all looked fine
Never had he a doubt about his shine
Did his chores like an eager beaver
He was decked up to be a definite achiever

Many a praise he did receive
Being naive, he did believe
His confidence grew a great deal
The feet, ground could not feel

Failures tried to hit his pride
Like a champ, he brushed them aside
The weapon he had, great conviction
Was closing in on an impending constriction

He realized, in order to progress
Conventional limits, he must transgress
Walking on the roller, balancing load on his head
Something that could make a plebeian dread

Balance he did maintain
But, slowly he did strain
Just a wrong step in the charade
Mighty fall he had, I'm afraid

The fall didn't give him pain
But the bricks that fell like rain
Seeing the commoners trot ahead
He lay down lamenting, feeling mislead

His conviction took a great big hit
Lost his head, confidence took a plummet
There he stood, in the middle of a race
In his mind, he was an utter disgrace

What went wrong? No one knows
Reasons lost in the fabric of woes
Moved ahead or crib at the place he fell?
This answer, time alone will tell

Comments

Post a Comment